Thursday, May 10, 2012

Words....we have words!

Eli is finally starting to talk. Slowly but surely we are getting there! Yesterday he was saying cookie, which sounds more like coooo-key. He has been saying dada and mama slips out when he is angry. He also says sister, fish and dog in his own little way.

At our last developmental check up in November, he was doing amazing. The doctors were all impressed with his abilities. To us he is just a normal little 21 month old, but from a medical perspective he is an 18 month old still.

In the first 6-9 months, yes I noticed him a little behind compared to my friends babies. But shortly after he hit the 9 month mark, everything started to fall in place and he understood everything we were saying and now he is just a normal little kid!

This is such a proud day for me.

I always dreamed of having a family. And after crappy relationship after crappy relationship it seemed it was unlikely to happen before my 30's. Which I'm not saying is bad, I just pictured in my head that I would be married by 23-25 and have at least one kid by 25-27.

My husband and I met when I was 24, we shortly found out we were pregnant. While the news scared me, I was happy. For the first time in years I was happy. Then you all know the story, 28 weeks rolled around and Eli decided to make an early appearance. We got married that November and the rest is history. We found out we were pregnant again in March of 2011. Peyton was born November 1st 2011, 11-1-11! Pretty amazing.

Everyday I look at my life as if it were all a dream. I still look at my kids in just awe that I gave birth to them. They are something I produced.....craziness. Eli runs around and talks now, Peyton is rolling around so close to crawling. I think the best gift in life is children, being able to watch my kids grow and become little people with personalities. I wouldn't trade this life for anything. All those bad experiences, those hard times I went through are all made so distant, so miniscule...so worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment